Black Knight Halberd Any% (No FS Skip)
From SpeedSouls - A Dark Souls Speedrunning Wiki
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Asylum Demon
- 1.2 Belfry Gargoyles
- 1.3 Chaos Witch Quelaag
- 1.4 Great Grey Wolf Sif
- 1.5 Iron Golem
- 1.6 Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- 1.7 Seath the Scaleless
- 1.8 Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- 1.9 Demon Firesage & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- 1.10 Four Kings
- 1.11 Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Start as Hunter with Master Key.
- Unequip the Straight Sword Hilt and drop it as you open the Asylum door.
- Pick up the Shortsword and the Shortbow (not the Leather Shield).
- Kill Asylum Demon, fly to Firelink.
- Take the elevator to New Londo Ruins, use the Humanity (dupe it if you can).
- Jump towards the middle after leaving the elevator to make maximum fall damage.
- Pick up the Estoc, turn around and make your way through the Valley of Drakes.
- Pick up the Soul of a Proud Knight at the Undead Dragon.
- Climb up the ladder near the drakes and grab the Red Tearstone Ring (RTSR).
- Roll off and roll three times towards the bridge. Run accross the bridge to the elevator.
- Pop the Soul of a Proud Knight (dupe it once to skip killing Oswald later on) on the elevator, equip the RTSRRed Tearstone Ring and unequip your armor.
- Grab and equip the Grass Crest Shield and make the Black Knight fall off, giving you the BKHBlack Knight Halberd.
- Run towards the Undead Parish, kill the Crystal Lizard and buy a Battle Axe from Andre.
- Level 18 Strength (up to 20 if you duped the Soul of a Proud Knight).
- Get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range by backstepping through the Berenike Knight's attack.
- Kill Gargoyles, ring the bell, use one Estus Flask and drop down to Oswald of Carim for RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Buy 2 Homeward Bones, then kill Oswald of Carim (unless you duped the soul earlier) and use a Homeward Bone.
Chaos Witch Quelaag
- Level 22 Strength and 18 Dexterity.
- Drop unused weapons on the elevator towards Firelink Shrine. Drop down to get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Kill Lautrec of Carim (2 normal attacks), pick up the Ring of Favor and Protection (FAP ring) and take the elevator to New Londo Ruins.
- Equip the FAP ringRing of Favor and Protection and pop the Twin Humanity.
- Use the Blighttown drop and the poison to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Equip the BKHBlack Knight Halberd as you go through the foggate.
- Kill Quelaag hitting her in the torso to stunlock her if possible.
- Ring the second bell, use Soul of Quelaag and Homeward Bone back to Undead Parish.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
- Upgrade the BKHBlack Knight Halberd to +2, buy the Crest of Artorias and the Weapon Smithbox.
- Use the Titanite Demon to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring Range.
- Pick up the Stone Armor.
- Unequip the Grass Crest Shield and equip the BKHBlack Knight Halberd as Sif's door opens, pick up the Hornet Ring
- Kill Sif then use the Darksign without waiting.
- Head through Sen's Fortress, don't pick anything up, get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range with Boulder Skip (just use Leather Armor chestpiece).
- Buy 2 Black Firebombs and at least 7 Green Blossoms.
- Kill Iron Golem by knocking him off the edge, two R1-R1 combos to his legs should do it.
Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- Rest at the Anor Londo bonfire, level 27 Strength and the rest into Endurance.
- Use Core of an Iron Golem on the elevator.
- Run through the rafters and past the Silver Knight archers (you can kill the archer easily with the halberd).
- Get RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range from the Silver Knight at the bottom of the stairs.
- Jump over the railing of the stairs and Moveswap the BKHBlack Knight Halberd with the Estoc and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Ornstein, then Super Smough.
- Kill Gwynevere with the bow, dupe a Homeward Bone and warp to Firelink Shrine.
Seath the Scaleless
- Place the Lordvessel and warp to Anor Londo using it. Head to The Duke's Archives.
- Dupe Soul of Sif twice on each elevator.
- Duke Skip.
- Use falls to get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range, kill the three Crystal Lizards. Save & Quit if you miss any.
- Try and avoid having clams in your Seath fight.
- Shoot the Primordial Crystal with your bow and kill Seath with R1s (don't combo them).
- Pop Soul of Sif and Homeward Bone out.
Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- Upgrade the BKHBlack Knight Halberd to +4, level Endurance to 29 and the rest into Vitality. Warp to Firelink Shrine.
- Head towards the Catacombs, moveswap before Pinwheel.
- Kill Pinwheel.
- Keep moveswap for Nito fight.
- Kill the Crystal Lizard.
- Equip Stone Armor as you go through the Nito foggate.
- Use Green Blossom and Kill Nito, unequip armor, then Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
Demon Firesage & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- Level up the BKHBlack Knight Halberd to +5 and get 26 Vitality. Warp to Firelink Shrine.
- Go to the Demon Ruins and do Ceaseless Skip.
- Use the Ceaseless Skip and the drop to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range (get hit by a Demonic Statue if necessary (Blocked with estoc: 1.5 bars of health / Unblocked: 2 bars)).
- Moveswap before Demon Firesage and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Demon Firesage.
- Heal before Centipede Demon and use the lava to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Kill Centipede Demon.
- Equip Orange Charred Ring and run to The Bed of Chaos.
- Kill The Bed of Chaos with Tokhi Bombs and Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
- Warp to Firelink Shrine.
- Seal Skip (make sure to remove your FAP ringRing of Favor and Protection before doing the RTSRRed Tearstone Ring setup).
- Go towards Four Kings, make sure you have the Covenant of Artorias equipped.
- Moveswap and eat a Green Blossom in The Abyss.
- Kill Four Kings (2 kings: [1 running attack + 1 R1 (3 hits in total), then 1 running attack + 2 R1s on the death animation hitbox] x 2). Darksign back.
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Enter the Kiln of the First Flame.
- Get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range by Toggle Escaping a running backstab from the first Black Knight.
- Exchange Covenant of Artorias for Hornet Ring as you go through the foggate.
- Kill Gwyn (2 ripostes will kill him).