From SpeedSouls - A Dark Souls Speedrunning Wiki
This is an overview of the current Magic Greataxe Dark Souls Any% route. Note, that this does not include any safety strategies for people learning the route. Credit goes to Santzo84 for creating the route and Pibonacci for writing notes.
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Asylum Demon
- 1.2 Taurus Demon
- 1.3 Belfry Gargoyles
- 1.4 Chaos Witch Quelaag
- 1.5 Iron Golem
- 1.6 Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- 1.7 Great Grey Wolf Sif
- 1.8 Seath the Scaleless
- 1.9 Demon Firesage & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- 1.10 Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- 1.11 Four Kings
- 1.12 Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Start as Hunter with Master Key.
- Unequip all weapons and armour, drop the Straight Sword Hilt as you open the Asylum door.
- Pick up the Shortsword, the Shortbow and the Large Leather Shield.
- Kill Asylum Demon, fly to Firelink.
- Go through the Undead Burg.
- Grab the Black Firebombs and the Gold Pine Resin.
- Use the Gold Pine Resin on the Shortsword before triggering the Taurus Demon boss fight.
- Kill Taurus Demon.
- Run across the Hellkite Drake bridge.
- Shoot the Hellkite Drake with your bow, use Gold Pine Resin on the Shortsword and cut his tail.
- Run towards the Sunlight Altar bonfire, pull the lever and equip the Drake Sword.
- Run through the Undead Church, send the elevator down to Firelink Shrine (don't go down yourself).
- Kill Gargoyles with Drake Sword, ring the bell and dupe the Homeward Bone.
Chaos Witch Quelaag
- Make Lautrec fall down the cliff and go down to New Londo Ruins (drop all weapons except Drake Sword, Shortbow and Leather Shield).
- Grab the Estoc and go through the ruins.
- Kill Ingward with the Shortbow and Black Firebombs (Save & Quit not necessary if you're fast enough).
- Go to the floodgate, push the lever, jump down (heal first if you got hit) and heal once.
- Grab the Red Tearstone Ring (RTSR), rearrange items for moveswapping while going up the ladder and dupe the Homeward Bone.
- Go down to New Londo Ruins again, pick up Ring of Favor and Protection (FAP ring) on the way, equip both rings on the elevator and moveswap the Drake Sword with the Estoc.
- Use the Blighttown drop and poison to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range at the foggate.
- Kill Quelaag with moveswapped Drake Sword, ring the second bell, equip Soul of Quelaag and use a Homeward Bone.
- Go up the elevator from Firelink Shrine to Undead Parish, dupe Soul of Quelaag 6 times.
- Buy 9 Titanite Shards, Weapon Smithbox and Caduceus Kite Shield from Andre of Astora.
- Rest at Undead Parish bonfire, level 17 Endurance and 14 Strength.
- Head through Sen's Fortress, get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range with Boulder Skip.
- Buy 10 Green Titanite Shards, 1 Greataxe, 4 Black Firebombs and at least 10 Green Blossoms from the Crestfallen Merchant.
- Kill Iron Golem by knocking him off the edge (2 Running attacks to make him stagger, 1 more to make him fall). Eat a Green Blossom before entering the foggate if you want.
Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- Rest at the Anor Londo bonfire, upgrade the Greataxe to +5, level 27 Strength and rest into Intelligence.
- Use Core of an Iron Golem on the elevator.
- Run through the rafters and past the Silver Knight archers.
- Get RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range from the Silver Knight at the bottom of the stairs.
- Jump over the railing of the stairs and Moveswap the Greataxe with the Estoc and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Ornstein, then Super Smough.
- Kill Gwynevere with the bow, dupe a Homeward Bone and warp to Firelink Shrine.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
- Place the Lordvessel, warp to Firelink Shrine again.
- Go down to New Londo Ruins, dupe Soul of Smough twice, upgrade the Greataxe to Magic +5.
- Go down to Blighttown, dupe Soul of Smough again twice, moveswap on your way down, grab the Demon Ruins bonfire, level up Intelligence as high as you can.
- Don't use any other bonfire from now on until you have killed Demon Firesage!
- Warp to Undead Parish, kill Andre of Astora, get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range by using the Titanite Demon (1 hit while sprinting, 2 hits while blocking (not sprinting)).
- Pick up the Stone Armor.
- Use Soul of Smough while waiting for Sif's gate to open.
- Kill Sif, dupe a Homeward Bone.
Seath the Scaleless
- Level up Intelligence as high as you can. Warp to Anor Londo bonfire.
- Head to The Duke's Archives.
- Dupe Soul of Sif twice on each elevator.
- Duke Skip.
- Use falls to get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Try and avoid having clams in your Seath fight.
- Break the Primordial Crystal with a Black Firebomb and kill Seath.
- Pop Soul of Sif and Homeward Bone out.
Demon Firesage & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- Level Vitality until you can do Ceaseless Skip (20 should be enough).
- Ceaseless Skip.
- Use the Ceaseless Skip and the drop to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range (get hit by a Demonic Statue if necessary (Blocked with estoc: 1.5 bars of health / Unblocked: 2 bars)).
- Moveswap before Demon Firesage and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Demon Firesage.
- Heal before Centipede Demon.
- Kill Centipede Demon.
- Equip Orange Charred Ring and run to The Bed of Chaos.
- Kill The Bed of Chaos with Tokhi Bombs and Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- Put all your souls into Intelligence.
- Head towards the Catacombs, moveswap before Pinwheel.
- Kill Pinwheel.
- Keep moveswap for Nito fight.
- Equip Stone Armor as you go through the Nito foggate.
- Use Green Blossom and Kill Nito, unequip armor, then Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
- Put all your souls into Intelligence.
- Go towards Four Kings, make sure you have the Covenant of Artorias equipped instead of the RTSRRed Tearstone Ring.
- Moveswap and equip Stone Armor, eat a Green Blossom in The Abyss.
- Kill Four Kings. Use the Darksign or a Homeward Bone.
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Enter the Kiln of the First Flame.
- Exchange Covenant of Artorias for Hornet Ring as you go through the foggate.
- Kill Gwyn with parries and ripostes.