Downpatching is a method in Dark Souls III to return the game to a previous version.
The best way to downpatch the game is to use the Steam Console to download various depots containing previous versions of the game.
- Press the Windows Key + R. This will open the Run window.
- Open the steam console by typing the following string: steam://open/console , Steam should now open in Console Mode.
- Insert the string of the depot you wish to download. For example: download_depot 374320 374321 7552375533020122115
- Steam will now download the depot. Note: There is no progress bar of the download in Steam, but it is still downloading in the background.
- After the download is complete, return back to the Console of Steam. It should show the temporary local directory in which the depot has been stored. This is usually something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_XXXXXX\depot_XXXXXX. Just take the files out of that directory and store them to a location of your liking.
- To use the downpatched version, overwrite these downloaded files to the existing files in your \\Steam\steamapps\common\DARK SOULS III\Game folder. Remember to back up your existing files first ofcourse.
Downpatching Tutorial using Steam Depots by Johndisandonato
Ver 1.04 / Reg. 1.05 (Any%):
Game - download_depot 374320 374321 7552375533020122115
Ver 1.08 / Reg. 1.22 (Any% No TearDrop):
Game - download_depot 374320 374321 8582612580945347462
DLC1 - download_depot 374320 506970 6554758566340383649
Ver 1.12 / Reg. 1.32 (All Bosses):
Game - download_depot 374320 374321 627215463385297895
DLC1 - download_depot 374320 506970 2441039608905796121
DLC2 - download_depot 374320 506971 2910451490878009764