This is an overview of the current Magic Zweihander Dark Souls Any% route. Note, that this does not include any safety strategies for people learning the route.
- Start as Hunter with Master Key.
- Unequip all weapons and armour, drop the Straight Sword Hilt as you open the Asylum door.
- Pick up the Shortsword and the Shortbow (not the Leather Shield).
- Kill Asylum Demon, fly to Firelink.
- Pick up the Homeward Bones, Zweihander and Firebombs (in that order) in Firelink Shrine.
- Take the elevator to New Londo Ruins, pick up the Estoc and make your way through the ruins.
- Save & Quit at the top of the stairs. Kill Ingward with Firebombs and the Shortbow (dupe the last Firebomb if necessary).
- Pick up the Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier on the way to the floodgate, push the lever, jump down, heal once.
- Climb up the ladder near the drakes (rearrange items for moveswapping later on) and grab the Red Tearstone Ring (RTSR).
- Roll off and roll three times towards the bridge. Run accross the bridge to the elevator.
- Pop the Large Soul of a Nameless Soldier on the elevator and equip the RTSRRed Tearstone Ring.
- Grab and equip the Grass Crest Shield.
- Run towards the Undead Parish.
- Level 16 Strength and 12 Endurance.
- Get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range by backstepping through the Berenike Knight's attack, moveswap the Zweihander with the Estoc.
- Kill Gargoyles, ring the bell, use or dupe a Homeward Bone.
Chaos Witch Quelaag
- Upgrade your Zweihander to +5.
- Go towards Firelink Shrine, drop unnecessary items on the elevator.
- Make Lautrec fall down the cliff, Save & Quit to get the Ring of Favor and Protection (FAP ring).
- Go down to New Londo Ruins, equip the FAP ringRing of Favor and Protection on the way.
- Use the Blighttown drop and poison to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range at the foggate.
- Kill Quelaag with moveswapped Zweihander, ring the second bell, equip Soul of Quelaag and use a Homeward Bone.
- Dupe Soul of Quelaag 5 times.
- Head through Sen's Fortress, get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range with Boulder Skip.
- Buy 10 Green Titanite Shards, 4 Black Firebombs and at least 10 Green Blossoms from the Crestfallen Merchant.
- Kill Iron Golem by knocking him off the edge. Eat a Green Blossom before entering the foggate if you want.
Dragon Slayer Ornstein & Executioner Smough
- Rest at the Anor Londo bonfire, level 27 Strength and rest into Endurance.
- Use Core of an Iron Golem on the elevator.
- Run through the rafters and past the Silver Knight archers.
- Get RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range from the Silver Knight at the bottom of the stairs.
- Jump over the railing of the stairs and Moveswap the Zweihander with the Estoc and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Ornstein, then Super Smough.
- Kill Gwynevere with the bow, dupe a Homeward Bone and warp to Firelink Shrine.
Great Grey Wolf Sif
- Place the Lordvessel, warp to Firelink Shrine again.
- Go down to New Londo Ruins, dupe Soul of Smough twice, upgrade the Zweihander to Magic +5.
- Go down to Blighttown, dupe Soul of Smough again twice, moveswap on your way down, grab the Demon Ruins bonfire, level up Intelligence as high as you can.
- Don't use any other bonfire from now on until you have killed Demon Firesage!
- Warp to Undead Parish, kill Andre of Astora, get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range by using the Titanite Demon (1 hit while sprinting, 2 hits while blocking (not sprinting)).
- Pick up the Stone Armor.
- Use Soul of Smough while waiting for Sif's gate to open.
- Kill Sif, dupe a Homeward Bone.
Seath the Scaleless
- Level up Intelligence as high as you can. Warp to Anor Londo bonfire.
- Head to The Duke's Archives.
- Dupe Soul of Sif twice on each elevator.
- Duke Skip.
- Use falls to get in RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range.
- Try and avoid having clams in your Seath fight.
- Break the Primordial Crystal with a Black Firebomb and kill Seath with R1s (don't combo them).
- Pop Soul of Sif and Homeward Bone out.
Demon Firesage & Centipede Demon & The Bed of Chaos
- Level Vitality until you can do Ceaseless Skip (20 should be enough).
- Ceaseless Skip.
- Use the Ceaseless Skip and the drop to get into RTSRRed Tearstone Ring range (get hit by a Demonic Statue if necessary (Blocked with estoc: 1.5 bars of health / Unblocked: 2 bars)).
- Moveswap before Demon Firesage and eat a Green Blossom.
- Kill Demon Firesage.
- Heal before Centipede Demon.
- Kill Centipede Demon.
- Equip Orange Charred Ring and run to The Bed of Chaos.
- Kill The Bed of Chaos with Tokhi Bombs and Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
Pinwheel & Gravelord Nito
- Put all your souls into Intelligence.
- Head towards the Catacombs, moveswap before Pinwheel.
- Kill Pinwheel.
- Keep moveswap for Nito fight.
- Equip Stone Armor as you go through the Nito foggate.
- Use Green Blossom and Kill Nito, unequip armor, then Homeward Bone back to Firelink Shrine.
- Put all your souls into Intelligence.
- Go towards Four Kings, make sure you have the Covenant of Artorias equipped instead of the RTSRRed Tearstone Ring.
- Moveswap and equip Stone Armor, eat a Green Blossom in The Abyss.
- Kill Four Kings. Use the Darksign or a Homeward Bone.
Gwyn, Lord of Cinder
- Enter the Kiln of the First Flame.
- Exchange Covenant of Artorias for Hornet Ring as you go through the foggate.
- Kill Gwyn with parries and ripostes.