Any% Kiln Skip
Dark Souls Any% Kiln Skip is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible. There are no added restrictions on how the player completes the game, they must simply start a new character and beat the final boss, Gwyn, as quickly as they can. Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed; apart from a few exceptions allowed by the community.
Any% Kiln Skip is considered a different category as it involves using the Warp Glitch, a major glitch that allows the player to skip nearly the entire second half of the game as well as some minor sections. Considering general speedrun definitions, this category could technically be considered the true Any% because it is the shortest category, but due to the issue of savefile manipulation by abusing functionality outside of the game and the other controversial problems that come with it (like undoing mistakes by using ALT + F4 before the game saves), the almost twice as long run is called Any% instead.
|Route||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VODVideo on Demand|
|Black Knight Greatsword||23:00||23:21||CapitaineToinon|
|Black Knight Halberd||24:40||25:07||NaxHPL|
(The rules listed here are specific to this category. Go to this page to find the rules that apply to all Dark Souls speedruns.)
- You may kill as many or as few bosses as you want to finish the game.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Duke Skip, Item Dupe, Moveswap and Toggle Escape (amongst others) are all fair-game.
- Kiln skip done on PC - without DSFIX, by CapitaineToinon on Twitch
- Kiln skip, current patch on Xbox 360, by Kenny T on YouTube
- Kiln skip, current patch on Xbox 360 Tutorial by CapitaineToinon on YouTube