Dark Souls III All Bosses is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible by beating all bosses including optional and DLCDownloadable Content bosses.
This category requires the Ashes of Ariandel DLCDownloadable Content.
- There are no added restrictions on how the player completes the game, they must simply start a new character and beat the final boss as quickly as they can.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed.
- Runs are measured on IGTIn-Game Time. When finishing, runners are required to at least show the IGTIn-Game Time in their submitted runs.
- This category uses all available glitches and is run on Ver. 1.08 Reg. 1.22.
- You may not use savefiles during your runs. Using savefiles is common when practicing certain parts in a run but these are not counted as 'official' times.
|Route||Estimated possible time||Current Record||Runner||VODVideo on Demand|
|Sellsword Twinblades (with Farron Skip)||-||1:09:13||Distortion2|
|Sellsword Twinblades (no Vilhelm Skip)||-||1:09:21||LostFeather413|
|Anri's Straight Sword (DLC route)||-||1:09:35||Qttsix|
Skips, Glitches and Methods used in All BossesLizard Skip
Crow Quills Glitch
Place Souls Skip
Experimental Glitches / SkipsTumblebuff
Any enemy that has a large health bar on the bottom of the screen when engaged in combat is considered a boss. Other enemies are not considered bosses by the Dark Souls community even if it may seem like they are because of their size.
|These enemies are bosses|
|These enemies are not bosses|
Layout and SplitsAll Bosses splits file by Miltrivd
Learning a speedrun in Dark Souls III may seem daunting at first but there are ways of making the learning process easier. Start by doing an initial run through and making sure to do the following things:
- Follow the notes as accurately as you can (getting safety bonfires is fine). Don't level more than you should. Try not to lose large amounts of souls since there is no way to get them back.
- Make savefiles before each part that you might have trouble with. You can just copy the savefile (generally in "\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsIII\<SomeCode>") into a seperate folder or use the SpeedSouls - Save Organizer.
- Make splits. Download a program like Livesplit or WSplit and setup your splits. It doesn't matter how bad they are in you first run.
Once you have completed your first run and made savefiles practice the parts you are least confident with then try another run. When you get more confident you should stop getting safety bonfires and start doing riskier strategies.