Dark Souls II All Bosses is a speedrun category in which the player tries to complete the game as fast as possible while also killing all enemies that are considered a boss (see below for a list of all bosses). Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed. Using other programs to affect the game or editing the game code is not allowed; apart from a few exceptions allowed by the community.
|Route||Estimated possible time||Current Record||VODVideo on Demand|
|Rapier/Red Iron Twinblade||-||2:12:50|
|Pate's Spear/Drakeblood Greatsword||-||2:15:29|
- Like all Dark Souls II speedruns the run time is recorded using a timer program.
- Runners have to start the timer during the loading screen before the first cutscene in Things Betwixt and stop the timer on the first frame of the screen being completely black after killing Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin.
- The use of pre-order weapons is forbidden.
- You may not edit your game in any way other than using Dxtory / MSI Afterburner to lock your game at 60FPS and also display your framerate on livestream / recordings.
- You need to kill all other bosses first before finishing the game by killing Aldia, Scholar of the First Sin.
- You may not use savefiles. Using savefiles is common when practicing certain parts in a run but these are not counted as 'official' times.
- Glitches, skips and sequence breaks are all allowed.
- Online play with other players in any way is completely banned.
Any enemy that has a large health bar on the bottom of the screen when engaged in combat is considered a boss.
|List of every boss|
- Defeating a boss: To succesfully defeat a boss you must kill them and stay in the boss room long enough to get the boss soul. If you die before receiving the soul your victory doesn't count as you don't get the soul while dead. Also, if you Homeward Bone or Darksign out of a boss fight too early after having killed the boss you may not have defeated the boss if its soul is not in your inventory after boning out.
Learning a speedrun in Dark Souls II may seem daunting at first but there are ways of making the learning process easier. Start by doing an initial run through and making sure to do the following things:
- Follow the notes as accurately as you can (getting safety bonfires is fine, also feel free to skip using Red Tearstone Ring (when applicable) to start with). Don't level more than you should. Try not to lose large amounts of souls since there is no way to get them back.
- Make savefiles before each part that you might have trouble with. You can just copy the savefile (generally in "\Users\<YourName>\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII\<SomeCode>") into a seperate folder or use the SpeedSouls - Save Organizer.
- Make splits. Download a program like Livesplit or WSplit and setup your splits. It doesn't matter how bad they are in you first run.
Once you have completed your first run and made savefiles practice the parts you are least confident with then try another run. When you get more confident you should stop getting safety bonfires and start doing riskier strategies.