Dark Souls III
Visit the Getting Started page for information on how to get started with Dark Souls III speedrunning.
- Any%: Defeating the end boss and reaching NG+ as quickly as possible.
- Any% No Tear Drop: Defeating the end boss and reaching NG+ as quickly as possible without using the Tear Drop glitch.
- All Bosses: Finishing the game and defeating every enemy that is considered a boss (health bar at the bottom of the screen). This includes the DLCDownloadable Content since it is always included in the PC version.
Because of significant discrepancies in load times on all the platforms, the official run time is counted as the In-game time (IGTIn-Game Time), displayed when the Save & Quit option is used after skipping the credits and going to the Load Game screen in the main menu.
- Any%: 35:44 by Nemz38 ()
- 'Any% no Tear Drop: by ' ()
- All Bosses: - by - (-)
Note: All times are, as stated above, In-game time.
Glitches, Skips & Methods used in Dark Souls III
- Lizard Skip , By throwing 2 precise Firebombs, this skips having to walk around the roof of Firelink Shrine to kill a Crystal Lizard behind the shrine.
- Roof Skip , By doing a precise jump on to the tree next to Firelink, you can get on the Firelink roof directly. This skips having to buy the Tower Key for 20000 souls to drop on to the roof.
- Bridge Skip , Skips a large portion of the Undead Settlement area.
- Kill Anri , The currently fastest route involves killing Anri of Astora and salvaging her sword Anri's Straight Sword
- Spook Quitouts , is a glitch using Spook to survive falls which are supposed to kill the player normally by quitting out at the right moment when the death animation starts.
- Crow Quills Glitch , is a glitch in Dark Souls III which lets the player drop from large heights without taking any damage by using the Weapon Art of the Crow Quills.
- Irithyll Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player skip the entire area of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley by jumping going out of bounds over one of the railings at the stairs in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Vilhelm Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III in the Ashes of Ariandel DLCDownloadable Content by dropping down into a Deathcam using the Crow Quills Glitch near the rope bridge.
- Greatwood Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player get back up on top of the Curserotten Greatwood Boss Fight area after dropping down into the pit, and the the fight has ended, by quitting out the game in a specific way (outside the Loading zone and exactly on a few frames when the death message appears) and loading it back in.
- ODK Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player skip the entire Smouldering Lake area to access the Old Demon King fight.
- Scream Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLCDownloadable Content which lets the player slide on top of a collision patch on a large rock to access Corvian Settlement faster.
- Place Souls Skip , is an Animation Skip in Dark Souls III in which the player skips (a part of) the animation of placing the Lord Souls of Twin Princes and Watchers on their respectful thrones.
- Cinder Glitch , is a glitch in Dark Souls III Patch 1.04 in which the player skips the Attack Animation Trigger of Soul of Cinder causing him to not attack
- Farron Keep Skip , allows the player to skip having to go through the entire Farron Keep section by dropping down and jumping out from a deathcam, deloading the shortcut door to Farron Keep Perimiter / Abyss Watchers.
- Watchers Glitch , is a glitch in Dark Souls III in which the player skips the Attack Animation Trigger of Abyss Watchers causing him to not attack you.
- Chain Snake Skip , is a skip in Dark Souls III where the player kill Ancient Wyvern early and skips having to go all the way up Archdragon Peak to perform a dropdown kill onto the Wyvern.
- Infinite Stamina Glitch , is a glitch in Dark Souls III where the player uses the Ring of Favor to gain infinite stamina.
TearDrop Specific Skips
The following skips all utilize the TearDrop glitch to walk on air and bypass death barriers.
- Wolnir Skip, this skips having to go through Catacombs of Carthus, having to do the High Lord Wolnir fight, and a part of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, going straight to the Distant Manor bonfire in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Doll Skip, lets the player bypass the Doll Barrier in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Dungeon Drop, a skip in Irithyll Dungeon where the player avoids a big portion of Irithyll Dungeon by using Tears of Denial and backstepping on a specific stone off a ledge.
- Profaned Skip, a skip where the player avoids a big portion of Profaned Capital by using Tears of Denial and walking off a specific part of a ledge of the Profaned tower on to a ledge, and rolling off.
- Dancer Skip, enables the player to bypass the Dancer of the Boreal Valley fight.
- Dragonslayer Skip, enables the player, starting from the Dancer skip, to skip having to fight Dragonslayer Armour in Lothric Castle.
- The run time is recorded using the In-game timer (as stated above). This means once the player has killed Soul of Cinder, they must quit out the game after appearing in Firelink Shrine and check their time.
- You may not make any modifications to the game that affect the gameplay itself.
- Forcing the game to close by using ALT + F4 or similar measures is not allowed in any category. Unintended crashes of the game on the other hand do not invalidate a run as long as gameplay is resumed as soon as possible.
- You may not use savefiles. Savefiles can be abused to retry sections and improve the IGTIn-Game Time, thus, are not allowed.