Dark Souls III
Visit the Getting Started page for information on how to get started with Dark Souls III speedrunning.
- Any%: Defeating the end boss and reaching NG+ as quickly as possible.
- Any% No Tear Drop: Defeating the end boss and reaching NG+ as quickly as possible without using the Tear Drop glitch.
- All Bosses: Finishing the game and defeating every enemy that is considered a boss (health bar at the bottom of the screen). This includes the DLCDownloadable Content since it is always included in the PC version.
Because of significant discrepancies in load times on all the platforms, the official run time is counted as the In-game time (IGTIn-Game Time), displayed when the Save & Quit option is used after skipping the credits and going to the Load Game screen in the main menu.
- Any%: 35:44 by Nemz38 ()
- Any% no Tear Drop: 44:55 by Nemz38 ()
- All Bosses: 1:09:13 by Distortion2 ()
Note: All times are, as stated above, In-game time.
Glitches, Skips & Methods used in Dark Souls III
- Lizard Skip , By throwing 2 precise Firebombs, this skips having to walk around the roof of Firelink Shrine to kill a Crystal Lizard behind the shrine.
- Roof Skip , By doing a precise jump on to the tree next to Firelink, you can get on the Firelink roof directly. This skips having to buy the Tower Key for 20000 souls to drop on to the roof.
- Bridge Skip , Skips a large portion of the Undead Settlement area.
- Kill Anri , The currently fastest route involves killing Anri of Astora and salvaging her sword Anri's Straight Sword
- Spook Quitouts , Spook Quitouts is a glitch using Spook to survive falls which are supposed to kill the player normally by quitting out at the right moment when the death animation starts.
- Crow Quills Glitch , The Crow Quills Glitch is a glitch in Dark Souls III which lets the player drop from large heights without taking any damage by using the Weapon Art of the Crow Quills.
- Irithyll Skip , The Irithyll Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player skip the entire area of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley by jumping going out of bounds over one of the railings at the stairs in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Vilhelm Skip , The Vilhelm Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III in the Ashes of Ariandel DLCDownloadable Content by dropping down into a Deathcam using the Crow Quills Glitch near the rope bridge.
- Greatwood Skip , The Greatwood Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player get back up on top of the Curserotten Greatwood Boss Fight area after dropping down into the pit, and the the fight has ended, by quitting out the game in a specific way (outside the Loading zone and exactly on a few frames when the death message appears) and loading it back in.
- ODK Skip , The ODK Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III which lets the player skip the entire Smouldering Lake area to access the Old Demon King fight.
- Scream Skip , The Scream Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III Ashes of Ariandel DLCDownloadable Content which lets the player slide on top of a collision patch on a large rock to access Corvian Settlement faster.
- Place Souls Skip , The Place Souls Skip is an Animation Skip in Dark Souls III in which the player skips (a part of) the animation of placing the Lord Souls of Twin Princes and Watchers on their respectful thrones.
- Cinder Glitch , The Cinder Glitch is a glitch in Dark Souls III Patch 1.04 in which the player skips the Attack Animation Trigger of Soul of Cinder causing him to not attack
- Farron Keep Skip , Farron Keep Skip allows the player to skip having to go through the entire Farron Keep section by dropping down and jumping out from a deathcam, deloading the shortcut door to Farron Keep Perimiter / Abyss Watchers.
- Watchers Glitch , The Watchers Glitch is a glitch in Dark Souls III in which the player skips the Attack Animation Trigger of Abyss Watchers causing him to not attack you.
- TearDrop , The TearDrop is a glitch in Dark Souls III which lets the player bypass death barriers.
- Wolnir Skip , The Wolnir Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III in which the player uses TearDrop to skip having to go through Catacombs of Carthus, having to do the High Lord Wolnir fight, and a part of Irithyll of the Boreal Valley to get straight to the Distant Manorbonfire in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Doll Skip , The Doll Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III in which the player uses TearDrop to get past the Barrier in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley.
- Dungeon Drop , The Dungeon Drop is a skip in Irithyll Dungeon where the player skips a big portion of Irithyll Dungeon by using Tears of Denial and backstepping on a specific stone off a ledge.
- Profaned Skip , The Profaned Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III where the player skips a big portion of Profaned Capital by using Tears of Denial and walking off a specific part of a ledge of the Profaned tower on to a ledge, and rolling off.
- Dancer Skip , The Dancer Skip is a skip in Dark Souls III in which the player uses TearDrop to skip the Dancer of the Boreal Valley fight.
- Dragonslayer Skip , The Dragonslayer Skip is a skip in which the players uses the TearDrop from out Dancer Skip to skip having to fight Dragonslayer Armour in Lothric Castle.
- The run time is recorded using the In-game timer (as stated above). This means once the player has killed Soul of Cinder, they must quit out the game after appearing in Firelink Shrine and check their time.
- You may not make any modifications to the game that affect the gameplay itself.
- Forcing the game to close by using ALT + F4 or similar measures is not allowed in any category. Unintended crashes of the game on the other hand do not invalidate a run as long as gameplay is resumed as soon as possible.
- You may not use savefiles. Savefiles can be abused to retry sections and improve the IGTIn-Game Time, thus, are not allowed.