Dark Souls II
Dark Souls II is a 3D Action RPGRoleplaying Game developed by FromSoftware Inc. and was released in March 2014. Three DLCDownloadable Content episodes (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Iron King & Crown of the Ivory King) were released in July, August and September 2014 respectively. A re-release for Current-Gen consoles and PC called Scholar of the First Sin was released on April 3rd 2015.
The game is available for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, and is the sequel to Dark Souls. Visit the Leaderboards for the best times ever achieved.
- Any%: Defeating the end boss and triggering the ending cutscene. Done on Patch Version 1.02.
- Any% Current Patch: Same as Any%, but without abusing methods to go OoBOut of Bounds or using Binoboost.
- Any% Old Souls (Current Patch): Triggering the end credits after obtaining the 4 Great Souls, no OoBOut of Bounds/BB.
- All Bosses: Finishing the game and defeating every enemy that is considered a boss (health bar at the bottom of the screen), including all three DLCDownloadable Content episodes.
- All Bosses No DLC: Finishing the game and defeating every enemy that is considered a boss (health bar at the bottom of the screen), excluding all three DLCDownloadable Content episodes. Done on Patch Version 1.02.
- Any%: 14:50 by StennisBeretheon ()
- Any% Current Patch: 51:52 by ffleret ()
- Any% Old Souls Current Patch: 1:10:23 by Kfnslayer ()
- All Bosses: 2:16:16 by Distortion2 ()
- All Bosses No DLCDownloadable Content: 1:16:44 by Noobest ()
- Binoboost: Allows the player to run at higher speeds than normally attainable by rolling and attacking while zoomed in with the binoculars. Fixed in Patch 1.04.
- Parrywalk: Allows the player to walk on air and go OoBOut of Bounds at almost any place and circumvent many obstacles in the game by rolling and riposting an enemy at the same time. Fixed in Patch 1.04.
- Item Dupe: Allows the infinite use of items that do not have a confirmation box. (Fixed in Patch 1.04?)
- Aerie Jump: Skips most of the running in Dragon Aerie. Done at the end of the hanging bridge that bypasses the first dragon.
- Giant Lord Jump: Skips the King's gate in Forest of Fallen Giants. Done from the outside area next to Cardinal bonfire.
- Harvest Valley Gate Skip: Skips opening the gate to the mines in Harvest Valley. At the top of the ladder, jump out of bounds to the right and drop down on the other side of the rock.
- Wall Firebombing: Allows the player to blow up the wall in Forest of Fallen Giants from the bonfire's side. Done by going right against the wall and aiming the camera all the way down and throwing the firebomb.
- Files for Version 1.02, Calibration 1.05
- Speedrun Glossary on SpeedRunsLive
- Speedruns Compilation, a list of records for all categories, collected by KantiDono on Reddit (not updated since June 21, 2014)
- Throne of Want, Dark Souls II Speedrun Leaderboard (not updated since June, 2014)
- Dark Souls II at Wikipedia